This is very tempting, mouthwatering spring delicacy from Maharashtra. This is a must try recipe!!!
- 1 cup Chana Dal
- 1 Raw Mango
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 tsp oil
- Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- 3 to 4 curry leaves
- Rinse chana dal 2 to 3 times in water. Soak it in enough water for 4 hours.
- Mix Chana dal, green chilli and salt together and blend this coarsely.
- Wash raw mango and pat dry it. Grate raw mango using grater.
- Now mix raw mango and dal mixture together. Adjust the amount of raw mango according how much sour dal you want.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan. Once oil is hot add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, curry leaves and turmeric powder. Pour this tempering over mixture.
- Garnish with coriander leaves. Mango chutney is ready to serve!