Quinoa soup is a very delicious, quick, healthy and protein rich soup. Its the nice combination of quinoa and vegetables and it will keep you fill until your next meal. You can say it a one pot meal.
- 1/2 cup Quinoa
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/4 cup Onion chopped
- 1 tsp grated Garlic
- 1 slit Green Chilli
- 1/4 cup Carrots diced
- 1/4 cup corn
- 1/4 cup Green Peas
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 2 tbsp diced Red Pepper
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Wash quinoa and drain off excess water from it and keep aside.
- Heat oil, add bay leaf, cinnamon stick and mix.
- Add chopped onion, green chilli, garlic, mix.
- Cook for 3 to 4 mts.
- Add carrots, green peas, corn, mix.
- Add quinoa and water.
- Add salt to taste.
- Cover and pressure cook until one whistle.
- Once quinoa i s cooked, garnish with red pepper and lemon juice!
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
7 May 2015
what means quinoa
3 February 2015
Hi Madhura, Thank you for sharing this super healthy recipe. Can I use red quinoa for this recipe?
24 February 2014
what is the quinoa? quinoa avaliable in uk
7 January 2014
What is the Tamil or Hindi name for quinoa? Your recipe looks good. I want to give it a try.