- 1 large Onion
- 3 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 2 dried Red Chillies
- 1/4 tsp split Urad Dal
- 1" piece of Tamarind
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Hing
- 8 to 10 Curry Leaves
- Heat oil in a pan and to that add sliced onion.
- Saute until onion starts to caramelize and gets deep golden color.
- Now move all caramelized onions on the side of the pan.
- Put tsp more oil in the same pan.
- After the oil is hot add mustard seeds, dried red chillies, split urad dal and tamarind.
- Mix tempering well with caramelized onions.
- Add salt to taste and mix.
- Now put onion mixture in a blender and grind to make that in to a smooth puree.
- Now heat oil for tempering in to separate pan.
- After the oil is heated add mustard seeds, hing, curry leaves.
- Pour this tempering over onion chutney.