Methamba is again a summer special recipe. This is sweet, tangy and a little hot. It is prepared using raw mango and fenugreek seeds. It requires very few ingredients and can be prepared in no time. Let’s see how to make this Maharashtrian delicacy – methamba.
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 cup Kairi (Raw mango)
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- Asafetida / Hing
- 1 tsp Methi seeds / Fenugreek seeds
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Red chili powder for taste
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Jaggery
- Take kairi, peel it and cut it into big pieces.
- Heat up oil in a pan. When oil is enough hot, add mustard seeds and let them pop up.
- Add asafetida and methi seeds. Fry methi seeds until they release aroma.
- Add turmeric powder and red chili powder. Mix well and add 1 cup kairi.
- Mix well and add salt.
- Cover and cook on medium heat until kairi becomes soft for about 7-8 minutes.
- If you feel kairi is burning or sticking to pan, you can add a little water.
- When kairi is cooked, add gudh and mix well.
- Cook for another 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Methamba is already.
- You can store methaba in air tight jar in freeze.
- It remains good for about 1-2 weeks.