Give this Mango Season a proper justification with this home made delicious Raw Mango. When it comes to any pickle recipe, first fear comes in mind about preserving it. Check out super simple tip that will boost your confidence in preserving pickle for years and will make you long for more.
Preparation time : 10 mts
Cooking time : 20 mts
Serves : 2 people
- 1 Raw Mango / Kairi
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 3 tbsp Degi Mirch powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp Roasted salt
- 1/4" Cinnamon stick
- 1 tbsp crushed mustard seeds
- 1 Clove
- 3 Black Peppercorns
- 8 to 10 Methi seeds / Fenugreek seeds
- 1/8 tsp Hing
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Wash and pat dry raw mango. Then cut that in small 1/2" pieces and keep that aside.
- Heat up oil till gets smoky hot, after oil is hot keep the pan aside.
- After oil cools down a bit, not completely cold, it should be a bit warm. At that point of time mix turmeric powder and hing with oil.
- Now heat up separate pan and to that add methi seeds and other whole spices.
- Dry roast all the stuffs till they change color.
- Methi seeds cook fast ad compare to other spices. If methi seeds are done before other spices, simply take out methi seeds before.
- Now put all dry roasted whole masala in to mortar and pastle and pound that down to make in to a fine powder.
- After whole masala also dry roast salt over medium high heat till the time salt gets deep golden color.
- After the salt is roasted take that out in to separate dish and allow it to cool down.
- Now take degi mirch powder in to mixing bowl. To that add roasted masala powder, roasted salt, crushed mustard seeds and mix well.
- Then add entire preheated oil in dry masalas and mix well.
- Now add raw mango chunks in to pickle masala and mix well.
- After its very well mixed, cover the bowl with clear warp or any other clean cloth. Again put one more clean lid over it and keep the bowl at any dark place for 15 day.
- After 15 days transfer the pickle in to clean jar, cover the jar with clear wrap or clean cloth before putting lid on that.
- The pickle will taste better as the time goes!