Tomato puree is one of the essential everyday thing in cooking that we can jazz up almost anything with just a cup of that, like makhani sauce, any veg gravy, pasta sauce, pizza sauce and the list goes on. Now you can make your own tomato puree in no time with just simple ingredients. You don't need to worry about food color, preservatives that are added i store bought tomato purees.
- 5 ripe Tomatoes
- 2 slices of Beet
- Wash and pat dry tomatoes.
- Cut tomatoes in half.
- Also cut beet to get two thin slices from that.
- Now put tomatoes and beet together in one pot.
- Heat pressure cooker with some water in that.
- Put the pot of tomato in pressure cooker.
- Close and cook until one whistle.
- After pressure releases from the cooker, open the lid.
- Take out the tomatoes.
- Separate the skin from tomatoes. That will fall off easily.
- Now put boiled tomatoes along with a piece of beet in to a blender.
- And puree it down.
- Take a strainer and strain out tomato puree to remove seeds from that.
- Voila Tomato puree is ready!
- Instead of blending tomatoes, you can use food mill to puree it down.
- It stays good in refrigerator up to two weeks.
- Freeze it and its good to go up to 3 to 4 months.