Pasta is one of the most versatile and delicious dish to make. And a good pasta sauce can transform a meal, infusing any flavors, different textures, vegetables, meat, seafood even paneer in to a heart and soulful dish. Try this healthy pasta sauce recipe to make pasta of your choice such as spaghetti, penne, macaroni,
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped Onions
- 1 tsp minced Garlic
- 1/2 cup blanched Tomatoes diced
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Basil Leaves
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Chilli flakes
- 2 packs of Tomato puree
- Blanch 2 Tomatoes, peel and dice them up.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- After the oil is heated add onion and garlic and mix well.
- Cook garlic and onion together for 3 to 4 mts.
- After the onions are cooked, add in diced tomatoes.
- Season it with oregano, dried basil, black pepper. Mix very well.
- Cook for 2 mts.
- Add in Tomato Puree.
- The add salt, red chilli flakes, sugar and mix well.
- Cover and let that cook for 15 to 20 mts.
- Homemade Pasta sauce is all ready!
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
I'm faseela :
10 April 2016
Gud...I like ur cooking....pls send me how to make an ordinary tomato sauce
8 May 2015
Hi Madhura, Planning to make this sauce over the weekend. Can you please specify two packs of tomato puree is how much quantity approximately and how many servings will it serve ? Thanks.
29 September 2014
This one is really good option instead of using store bought sauce. Thank you Madhura