Ginger Garlic paste is one of the essential part of daily Indian cooking. Its really time saver if its made in bulk, which would last longer with out freezing it. So here's an easy recipe with easy home preservative to make ginger garlic paste last longer up to 2 to 3 months.
- 1 cup chopped Ginger
- 1 cup peeled garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp oil
- First take ginger and wash really good under cold water and pat dry it.
- Once the ginger of completely dry, cut that in to small cubes. I prefer to keep the skin on, if you want you can peel off the skin of ginger.
- Now heat pan on medium heat, add salt and dry roast till salt change its color.
- Once salt gets light golden color, switch off the heat and move the pan aside.
- Now put ginger and garlic together in to blender and blitz to make it in to smooth paste.
- Use oil to help in easy grinding process.
- Once the paste is done, add roasted salt and again pulse 4 to 5 more times, to incorporate salt well with ginger garlic paste.
- Remove paste in to clean glass jar and refrigerate immediately.
- For quick roasting of salt, try to use steel pan.
- Be sure ginger is completely dry, after its washed.
- Do not use water while grinding ginger and garlic.
- For longer storage life, store ginger garlic paste in small jars and containers, instead of dumping whole batch in one jar.
- Do not put the jar of ginger garlic paste on the side doors of refrigerator, instead of that find out the coldest possible area in your refrigerator and put always store ginger garlic paste.