- Preparation time : 5 mts
- Cooking time : 10 mts
- Serves : 3 to 4 people
- 1 cup Yogurt
- 1 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Besan / Gram Flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 4 to 5 Curry Leaves
- 2 Green Chillies
- 1/2" piece of Ginger
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- pinch of hing
- 2 to 3 dried Red Chillies
- 2 Cloves
- 1 Cinnamon stick
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- First mix together green chillies and ginger in a mortar and pastel and pound them down to make a fine paste.
- Take a yogurt in a deep pot in which you gonna make your kadhi.
- To the yogurt add besan, sugar, water and whisk together very well. Make sure there's no lump of yogurt or besan.
- In the yogurt mixture add ginger and chilli paste and mix that well as well.
- Now heat up ghee in another pan for tempering.
- Once ghee is hot, add mustard sees, cumin seeds, hing, dried red chillies, cinnamon stick, cloves. Let all the spices cook for a while.
- Turn the heat off and let the tempering settle for a while. Because if your pour hot tempering the yogurt gonna curdle.
- Once tempering cools down a bit, pour that over yogurt mixtuer and mix well.
- Now bring the kadhi to a boil for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves!