Its always a good idea to have fresh home made ghee. Very flavorful and add just an extra test to any dish. Very good for kids as its good for health and digestion too.
Preparation time : 5 mts
Cooking time : 20 mts
- Add all unsalted butter in to deep and heavy bottom pan. Coon it on medium heat.
- After some time foam will appear on butter and milk solids will start to settle down.
- Continue cooking till all milk solids settle down and white foam appears over butter.
- Wait till ghee cools down.
- Strain using tea stainer and store in to any Glass Jar.
- Add a pinch of salt for granny texture of ghee.
- Try to use heavy bottom deep pan.
- To avoid over boiling of butter keep spatula downward facing and in a tilt position.
Not Available Related Recipe !
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
3 April 2014
Didi ,i love all your recipes can you post a recipe of butter?
7 October 2013
hi really helpful recipe unsalte butter means Malai right but if it is collected for long term it turns sour how can this be avoided. Can we cook malai directly to get ghee.
2 October 2013
Hi Madhura, Thanks for sharing such useful recipe of ghee making... Please suggest if can use any unsalted butter sticks(generally used for baking purposes) for making the ghee.Also let me know if it is ok to store this ghee in tin containers. Thanks.
24 June 2013
Good trick.. That works... Nice preparation..