This is a healthier version of crispy bhindi as we don’t deep fry the bhindi. Children will love it. Enjoy crispy bhindi or bhindi curcuri.
- 1 1/2 cup Bhindi / Okra
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 2 tbsp coarse sooji / rava
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- Wash the bhindi, pat dry it and cut it into thin slices.
- Season the bhindi with red chili powder, salt and mix it well. Add lemon juice and stir. Keep this bhindi aside.
- Take a plate. Add sooji, coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt and mix it.
- Add the sooji mixture to bhindi. Stir well and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a wide bottom pan. Add the bhindi in the oil and stir well.
- Let it cook until the bhindi becomes nice crispy. Don’t cover the pan. Stir the bhindi at regular intervals.
- Cook the bhindi on low to medium heat for about 15 minutes. Lower the heat and cook for 10 more minutes.
- After cooking for 10 minutes on lowest heat the bhindi curcuri is already.
- It goes well with chapati or fulaka. Also it goes good as side dish with rice.