This spicy and tangy brinjal chutney is something different from regular coconut or dosa chutney. It makes a good accompaniment with dosa, idly, uttapa.
Preparation time : 10 mts
Cooking time : 20 mts
Serves : 4 to 6 people
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Onion chopped
- 7 to 8 Curry leaves
- 4 Brinjals / small eggplants
- 4 Tomatoes
- 2 slit Green Chillies
- 1 tbsp Red chilli powder
- 1 cup Coriander leaves
2 tsp Tamarind pulp
- Heat 1 tbsp oil, add mustard seeds, add chopped onion and cook until onions becomes soft.
- Add Curry leaves, brinjal and cook for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes, mix and cook for another minute.
- Add slit green chillies, red chilli powder, put salt to taste and coriander leaves, tamarind paste, water, mix well.
- Cook until 2 whistles, wait until all pressure releases by itself.
- Use potato masher and mash well.
- Now cook chutney uncovered suitable to your desired consistency.
Not Available Related Recipe !
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
27 March 2017
13 November 2013
looks awesome. I tried it today. tasted good. but in mine the curry leaves and coriander leaves was visible.