Bhuswadi is made from konda or bhusa that was left behind while making kurdai. We made chik for kurdai and konda was left behind. We will make bhuswadi from that. This is again a summer special recipe. These are also known as kharudya or pendya. Let’s see how to make bhuswadi.
- Leftover Bhusa / Konda
- 1 cup Water
- 1 tsp Crushed Garlic
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- Salt to taste
- A pinch of Asafetida / Hing
- Heat up water in a pan.
- Take garlic and crush it in mortar and pastel. Do not make fine paste.
- Add garlic paste, red chili powder, salt and asafetida.
- Mix well and let the water boil.
- When water boils, add konda and mix well.
- Cook for about 7-8 minutes until the mixture comes together nicely.
- The mixture should be thick and homogenous mixture.
- Turn off the gas and mixture for bhuswadi is already.
- Take a spoonful of mixture on a pat and roll out a thin bhuswadi form it. Do not make too thick bhuswadi.
- Sundry bhuswadi under hot sun for about 2-3 days.
- Bhuswadi is already.
- You can roast it on gas or in microwave by applying a little oil to it.
- You can deep fry it as well.