Looking for healthy, tasty and attractive kids recipe for coming winter then here it is - A perfect, shiny and pretty Moong Dal Halwa! Its loaded with lots of protein and calcium and if you reduce amount of ghee and sugar, its a perfect low fat and protein packed dessert for grownups too.
Preparation time : 20 mts
Cooking time : 30 mts
Serves : 2 people
- 1/2 cup Moong Dal
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/4 cup Dry Fruits
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 tsp Saffron dissolved in water
- Wash and soak moong dal in enough water for 4 hours.
- After four hours drain water from dal using stainer and keep in stainer to drain excess water for 30 mts.
- Add drained dal in to blender and grind to make smooth paste. Don't add water while making dal paste.
- Heat up pan on a low to medium heat, add ghee and dal paste and cook till dal gets nice golden color and ghee starts to leave from the dal.
- Add hot milk, dry fruits, stir and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add sugar, saffron water, mix and cook for just about 2 mts.
- Finally add some cardamom powder and garnish with some fruits or raisins.