Kulfi is much sought after dessert especially in hot summers in India. It is basically frozen Indian dessert. This is a very easy and simple recipe. We have added khoya to save your time to reduce milk. Enjoy kulfi.
- 1/2 litre Whole Milk
- 1 cup Sugar
- 250 gm Khava / Khoya / Mawa
- 10~15 Saffron strands
- 1 tsp Pistachios
- 2 tsp Corn flour
- 2 tsp Milk
- 1 tsp Cardamom powder
- Heat up milk in a pan. When milk is hot add sugar.
- Let the sugar dissolve completely into milk.
- When sugar is completely dissolved, add grated khoya.
- After adding khoya, cook mixture on medium heat for another 10 minutes.
- Take saffron and soak it in water. Microwave saffron for about 30 seconds.
- Add saffron mixture. Add pistachios and mix well.
- Take corn flour and add milk in it. Mix well and add the mixture into milk.
- Add cardamom powder. Mix well and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off the gas. Let the mixture cool down completely.
- Fill the mixture in kulfi mould and close the lid.
- If you don’t have kulfi mould, transfer the mixture into a plastic container and freeze it.
- When kulfi sets, cut it like cake and serve.
- Keep the mould in freezer to set overnight.
- Next morning, take the moulds out of freezer and open the lid.
- Insert a stick at the centre of a kulfi.
- Loosen up the sides with the help of knife and take the kulfi out of mould.
- Keshar pista kulfi is already.
- Khoya gives rich taste, thickness and grainy texture to kulfi. It saves your time to reduce milk.
- Corn flour gives thickness and creamy texture to kulfi.
- While making any milk recipe and you need to reduce milk, always use thick bottom and wide pan.