Condensed milk or milk maid is used in many dessert or ice cream recipes. This is a very easy and simple recipe. Let’s learn to make condensed milk.
- 1/2 litre Milk
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- Heat up full cream milk and remove the cream on it.
- Heat up pan on medium heat. Pour the milk into the pan.
- Add sugar and stir until all sugar is dissolved.
- When sugar dissolves and milk begins to boil, lower down the heat to low to medium.
- Do not stir the milk at all hence forth. Cook on low to medium heat until it is reduced to half.
- After 15 minutes, remove the layer of cream on milk.
- Cook milk for another 15-20 minutes without disturbing it at all.
- After about 45 minutes, it will be reduced to half.
- Turn off the gas and let it cool down.
- Cool it in freeze for an hour and take it out into a glass jar.
- Condensed milk can be stored in freeze for about a month.
After reducing the heat, do not disturb the milk at all. If you stir the milk, the creamy texture or colour will be disturbed.