Gajar halwa is a very popular Indian dessert. This is a very easy and simple recipe. It tastes good when served hot or chilled. Do try it and drop a comment for me. You also can like, share and subscribe.
- 4 cups Shredded Carrot
- 2 cups Sugar
- 125 gm Mawa / Khoya
- Chopped Assorted Dry nuts (Cashew nuts, Pistachios, Almonds)
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- Wash and peel the carrots. Grate the carrots.
- In a pressure cooker add carrot, sugar, mawa and dry nuts.
- You can grate the mawa if you want.
- Mix everything well together.
- Close the lid and cook on medium heat until 2 whistles.
- Turn off the gas and let the cooker cool down completely.
- Remove the lid and mix well.
- Cook again on high heat for about 8-10 minutes or until all the moisture is evaporated.
- Keep on stirring at the intervals.
- Turn off the gas and add cardamom powder.
- Mix well and gajar halwa is already.
- Garnish with some chopped almonds and pistachios.
Not Available Related Recipe !