Gajar halwa. This is a very popular dessert or pudding. Most important is this is a very simple and easy recipe. It does not require much time. This is a classic Indian dessert which is made on any festival or for any celebration. Let’s learn to make evergreen gajar halwa.
- 1 tsp Ghee
- 4 cups grated Carrot
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 125 gms or 3/4 cup Khoya
- Assorted dry nuts (Almonds, Cashew nuts and raisins)
- Cardamom powder
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg powder
- Heat up ghee in a pan. Add grated carrot, sugar, milk.
- You can use any milk like full cream, low fat etc.
- Add khoya. You can use milk powder instead of khoya. Or you can also use khoya made from ricotta cheese or frozen khoya. Mix well together once.
- Add dry fruits (Almonds, Cashew nuts and raisins) Mix everything well together.
- When everything is mixed well together, cover and the halwa on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, open the lid and mix well again.
- Cook the halwa uncovered for more 15-20 minutes. So that the moisture present in halwa dries a little and halwa remains soft and nice.
- After cooking on medium heat for 20 more minutes, add cardamom powder and nutmeg powder.
- Mix well and cook for another just 5 more minutes.
- Turn off the gas. Gajar halwa is already.
- You can have this when it cools down a bit.