Tiramisu is a delectable dessert which seems to be very difficult and expensive to make at home. But you don't need to worry about it, as we are going to make it in affordable and that too eggless.
For Eggless Chocolate Sponge
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour / Maida
- 2 tbsp unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tbsp Lemon juice
For Tiramisu Cream
- 1 cup Mascarpone Cheese
- 1/2 cup Whipped Cream
- 1/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 tsp Coffee
Additionally we need
- 4 tbsp Coffee to soak chocolate sponge
- 1 tbsp unsweetened Cocoa powder for dusting
To prepare Eggless Chocolate Sponge
- Sieve flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and soda in to a deep bowl.
- Then add sugar in to that.
- Give that a mix.
- Then add in water, vanilla, oil and mix well.
- Finally add in lemon juice and mix.
- Prepare 5" baking tray by greasing oil and lining wax paper.
- Pour cake batter in to greased tray.
- Microwave for 2 and 1/2 minutes.
- Once the cake is done, remove cake from microwave and give it a standing time of 10 mts.
- After 10 mts remove can on to cooling rack.
- Allow the cake to cool down completely.
- Once the cake is cooled, divide that in to 3 same portions.
To make Cream
- Take Mascarpone Cheese in to bowl.
- In that add icing sugar, coffee and mix well.
- Then fold in whipped cream in the cheese mix.
To arrange cake
- Take chocolate sponge and soak well with coffee.
- Now put one layer of soaked chocolate sponge in to tray.
- Layer it with 1/2 of the cream mixture over it.
- Then put second layer of chocolate sponge over cream.
- Again cover sponge with a layer of cream.
- Cover it and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Second day remove tray from refrigerator and sprinkle a layer of cocoa powder over tiramisu cake.
- Cut in to desired shape and serve at room temperature.
- You may use store bought ladyfingers in stead chocolate sponge.
- Every microwave has a different power capacity, so cook cake accordingly.
- My microwave is 1100 watt and it takes 2 1/2 mts at that power.