Ganapati festival is round the corner. Along with Ganapati, we welcome Gauri also at our homes. So for Gauri naivedyam, let’s see how to make 4 different types of burfi. These are very simple as the base for all these burfis is same. There are 2 types of bases. Do try these recipes at home and leave a comment in the comment box below. Do not forget to like, share and comment.
- 250 gm Khoya / Mawa / Khawa
- 3/4 cup Milk
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup Ghee
- 3 cup Milk powder
- 3 tsp Powdered Sugar
- Cardamom powder to taste
- Green food color
- Red food color
- 2 tsp Gulkand
- 1 tbsp Assorted Dry fruits
- 1 tsp Chopped Cherry
- 1 tsp Tuiit-Frutti
- Chocolate chips
For Base 1, Using Khoya:
- Heat up a pan on medium heat.
- Add grated khoya and fry on medium heat for about 7-8 minutes. Do not overcook. Its color should not change.
- Turn off the gas and let the khoya cool down a little.
- Khoya base is already.
For Base 2, Using Milk Powder:
- Heat up a pan on medium heat.
- Add milk, powdered sugar and ghee. Mix everything well together.
- When sugar dissolves completely, add milk powder and mix well.
- Cook the mixture until it comes together really good for about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the gas and let the mixture cool down completely.
For Making Burfi:
- When khoya is warm, add powdered sugar and cardamom powder.
- Mix everything well together. Divide the milk powder mixture into 3 portions for making 3 color mixtures.
- Take the portion for green color a little more as we will require green color more.
- Add green food color and mix well. Green color mixture is already.
- Take another portion and add red food color. Red color mixture is already.
For Making Pan Burfi:
- For making stuffing for pan burfi, take gulkand into a bowl.
- Add dry fruits, cherry and tutti-frutti.
- Mix well and stuffing for pan butfi is already.
- Take a medium size green color ball and make it even and smooth.
- Take wax paper or plastic paper.
- Keep the green ball on it and cover it with wax paper.
- Roll a round disc from the ball using rolling pin.
- Cut it into 4 portions.
- Take 1 portion and fill the stuffing in it.
- Try to keep red and yellow colors at the top and close it.
- Pan burfi is already.
For Making Strawberry Burfi:
- For strawberry burfi, take a small ball of red color mixture and make it soft and even.
- Make it a little elongated and press it cross in between your palms.
- Doing so gives the ball shape of strawberry. Give it shape with the help of fruit peeler.
- For making stalk, take small ball of green color, keep it in wax paper and roll it into a disc with rolling pin.
- Cut it in round shape with firkee that we use for making karanji.
- Place this disc above the strawberry and seal it.
- Take another small portion and make stalk.
- Strawberry burfi is already.
For Making Kalingad Burfi:
- Take a small ball of red color and make it smooth and even.
- Take a medium white color and make it smooth and even.
- Place it in between wax paper and roll a disc.
- Place the red color ball at the centre of this disc and cover it with white color disc completely.
- Keep it aside and take green color ball.
- Make it smooth and even.
- Place it in between the wax paper and roll it into disc.
- Place the white color ball at the centre if green disc and cover it completely with green color.
- Make it smooth and even. Cut the ball into 4 portions.
- Use choco chips or black sesame seeds to make seeds of kalingad.
- Or you can completely skip the seeds. Kalingad burfi is already.
For Making Apple Burfi:
- Take white color medium size ball and make it smooth and even.
- Press it at both ends a little to give it a shape of apple.
- Take red color in a bowl.
- Take a painting brush or food color brush and paint the apple with red color.
- Do not color it a lot. Paint a little.
- Make its stalk using clove and apple burfi is already.