Sooji cake is a simple and very easy recipe. Another speciality of this cake is that it is eggless and made in cooker. It has rich flavour and texture. Do try this recipe at home and drop a comment for me. Do not forget to like, share and subscribe.
- 1 cup Fine Sooji / Semolina
- 1/2 cup Yogurt / Curd
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 cup Powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Water
- Tutti Frutti
- Take sooji into a blender jar and blend it once or give it just few means 7-8 pulses.
- Do not blend sooji into powder. It should retain its coarse texture.
- In a bowl, take yogurt which is at room temperature.
- Add baking soda, baking powder and mix well.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla essence and butter which is at room temperature.
- You can add oil instead of butter.
- Mix well.
- Add sooji and water. Mix well.
- Add tutti frutti and mix well.
- Take baking tin and grease it well with oil.
- Place a wax paper at the bottom of the cake tin.
- Pour the cake batter into the baking tin.
- Garnish with tutti frutti.
- You also can use some dry fruits like pistachios, almonds, cashews, raisins instead of tutti frutti.
- Take cooker and remove its whistle and rubber ring.
- Put a layer of salt at the bottom of the pressure cooker and preheat the cooker on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Put an empty pot in cooker and cover it with a dish.
- Place the cake tin on the dish.
- Close the lid and bake the cake on medium heat for about 30-35 minutes.
- Insert a toothpick in the middle of the cake and if it comes out clean it means the cake is baked well.
- Rest the cake for about 10 minutes.
- Loosen up the edges with the help of knife.
- Put a plate on the tin and flip it over.
- Remove the wax paper and flip it over.
- Sooji cake is already.
- Grinding sooji makes sure that the cake gets nice and fine texture and it doesn’t become crumbly.