Eggless sponge cake is a very easy and simple recipe. This is a very basic cake recipe and we are making it in cooker. You can make sponge cake with the ingredients easily available in your pantry. This is an eggless cake. Do try this cake at home and drop me a comment. Do not forget to like, share and subscribe.
- 1/2 cup Curd / Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Powdered sugar
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking soda
- 1 cup Maida / All purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
- Take a cooker and remove the whistle and rubber ring.
- Give a thin layer of salt at the base.
- Put an empty pot and a dish on it.
- Preheat the cooker on medium heat for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl take curd. Add powdered sugar, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix everything well together and rest it for just 5 minutes.
- Sieve in maida, oil, vanilla essence and mix well.
- Do not over mix the mixture. Just mix well.
- No need to add any water in it.
- Take a baking tin and grease it well with oil.
- Line it up with wax paper at the base.
- Pour out the cake mixture into the tray and spread it evenly.
- Tap the tin so that the air bubbles if any will be removed.
- Put the baking tin over the dish in the cooker and close the lid.
- Bake the cake over medium heat for about 20-25 minutes.
- Take the cake tin out of the cooker/
- Insert a toothpick at the centre of the cake and if it comes out clean, it means the cake is baked well.
- Let the cake cool down for about 10-15 minutes.
- Loosen the edges with the help of a knife or butter knife.
- Put a dish upside down on the tin and flip it over.
- Remove the wax paper and eggless sponge cake is already.
- If you are not comfortable in baking the cake in cooker then take aluminium or any deep pot. Give a thin layer of salt at the base of it. Put a pot and dish on it. Put the cake tin on it, cover and bake the cake.
- If you don’t have baking tray then you can use cooker pot or any wide dish for baking the cake.