Generally rajgira or also known as amaranth is used during fasting. It is healthy as it is rich in calcium, iron and easy to make. You can make these on any other day as they are healthy. This can me a good breakfast or lunch box recipe too. So, let’s learn to make rajgira paratha.
- 1 cup Rajgira flour
- 1 small boiled, peeled and mashed Potato
- Green chili paste
- Cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- Take the rajgira flour into a dish. Add potato, green chili paste, cumin seeds, salt and coriander leaves. Mix well.
- Add water, a small amount at a time. You don’t need much water. Make dough for paratha.
- Brush a little oil over the dough. Cover and give it a standing time of 10 minutes.
- Make small balls of the dough. Take rolling board and attach aluminium foil over it.
- Grease the foil well with oil.
- You can use dry rajgira flour if you want. But if you use dry flour, edges of the paratha become uneven.
- Also grease rolling pin with oil. You can use ghee if you want.
- Grease the dough ball with oil. Roll the ball into paratha.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Put the paratha on the hot pan.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes. Flip over and cook from another side for 2-3 minutes.
- Brush some ghee on the paratha and flip over.
- Brush another side also with ghee.
- Cook from both sides until it gets brownish color.
- Take out into a serving dish and serve hot.