Naan is a type of Indian flat bread. This is a very simple and easy recipe. We are making this naan on pan and not in oven or tandoor. We will see two different methods of making naan on tawa. Do try this recipe and leave a comment for me. You also can like, share and subscribe.
- 3 cups Maida / All purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Yogurt / Curd
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 cup Water
- Take maida into a dish and add curd, baking soda, salt, oil.
- Leave a little oil behind to use later.
- Mix everything well together.
- Add a little water at a time and knead very soft and a little sticky dough.
- Spread a little oil on your palms and knead dough to make it soft and even for about 7-8 minutes.
- Spread a little oil on the dough, cover and place it at warm place for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours take the dough, rub a little dry flour to your palms and make small ball of dough from it.
- Fold it downwards to make a round ball.
- Take a ball, dip it in dry flour and roll naan in any shape you want like round, oval etc.
- Roll naan a little thick like paratha.
- 1st way of roasting naan - Brush a little water on the upper surface of the naan to make it a little wet.
- Heat up pan on medium heat.
- Place the wet side of naan on the pan.
- Flip over the pan to roast it. It means roast the naan directly on the flame of the gas.
- Move it regularly and roast the naan until it gets nice black spots.
- Flip over and check if it is well roasted from other side as well.
- 2nd way of roasting naan is - heat up pan on medium heat.
- Transfer the rolled naan on the pan.
- Roast for about 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes flip over and roast from other side for 2 minutes.
- Place the jali on the gas and transfer the naan on it.
- Roast the naan on high heat from both sides.
- Flip over and roast from other side.
- Do not keep the naan on the jali, just roast on the flame.
- Naan is already. Spread a little butter or ghee while serving.
- Naan goes well with any gravy sabzi like matar paneer, butter paneer etc or even dal fry.
- You can use naan for making any wrap.