Very healthy, tasty and nutritious recipe. Very nice alternative for regular stuffed paratha. It's a complete and very filling meal by itself. Good to go for kids in their lunch box or to eat on the way during picnics, outings.
Preparation time : 20 mts
Cooking time : 20 mts
Serves : 4 to 6 people
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2 to 3 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp carom Seeds / Ajwain
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped Spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded Paneer / Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Cabbage
- 1/4 cup shredded Carrot
- 1/4 cup shredded Green Pepper
- 2 tbsp Spring Onion
- 2 tbsp Kasoori Methi
- 3 cups whole Wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp red Chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Roughly crush garlic, green chillies, cumin seeds and carom seeds together in to a blender.
- Take all shredded, chopped mix veggies in to a bowl, to that add dry flour, crushed paste, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt, coriander powder, kasoori methi and mix everything together really well.
- Add water and start to knead semi stiff dough.
- leave dough to rest for 15 mts.
- Take small golf size ball from the dough, deep in dry flour and roll like paratha or roti.
- Roast on skillet from both the sides till it gets done.
- Apply ghee, butter or oil.
- Serve hot with raita, yogurt, pickle or chutney!
- This paratha stays good for 3 to 4 days, its really good option to carry for picnics, outings.