Koki is a simple type of Sindhi Paratha. Its very quick and easy version of paratha in which you just make addition of onion and some othe few spices in regular chapati dough. Breakfast time is always a rush time for busy moms, bachelors. We always look out for things which are rich in carbohydrates yet haslefree. And this paratha goes perfect for such quick but healthy demands. You don't even need to chop up the vegetbales, yet you get crispy, healthy delight in just a matter of 10 to 15 mts. You could roll paratha with the filling of your choice ranging from chutney, pickle, yogurt and then wrap up that in tin foil and you get you on the go breakfast.
I belong to family where all our family members always demand for salty, savoury breafst. And this paratha serves perfect for us!
- 1 Medium size Onion finely chopped
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 cup finely chopped Coriander Leaves
- 2 tsp melted Ghee
- 3 ro 4 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1 tsp Grated Ginger
- Preparation time : 15 mts
- Cooking time :Â 30 mts
- Serves : 2 people
- Take finely chopped onion in a mixing bowl.
- To that add finely chopped green chilli, cumin seeds, finely chopped coriander leaves, ginger, salt and mix well.
- Keep it aside for 15 mts.
- Now start adding wheat flour slowly in onion mixture,add ghee and start to incorporate it to make it in to dough.
- Add few splash of water to make it in to semi stiff dough.
- Cover and keep aside for 10 mts.
- Now take rolling board and grease it well with oil.
- Divide dough in small equal size balls.
- Take one of the dough ball on rolling board, grease rolling pin as well and start to roll it to make it in to 1/8" thick paratha.
- Now roast paratha well on hot skillet until it gets crisp and deep golden spots over it.
- Serve hot with pickle or chutney!