Lachha paratha is a popular Indian flat bread that’s flaky with multiple layers, crisp on the outside with soft interiors. Watch and learn to make Lachha Paratha and do post your comments below.
- 2 cups Maida / Plain flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Oil
- Take maida into a dish. Add salt and sugar.
- Mix well and make a well in the middle.
- Add oil and mix well so as to distribute oil evenly in maida. Break down any lumps if formed.
- Add little water at a time and knead dough.
- Add oil and knead for about 5-6 minutes more until it turns nice and soft.
- Transfer the dough into a bowl and spread a little oil over it.
- Cover and give it a resting time of at least an hour.
- Take the dough and knead it once more.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions.
- To make the dough ball even, press it from sides from all the sides and tuck it in. You can make it even easily.
- Oil the rolling board and rolling pin.
- Take one dough ball and put the pinched side down.
- Roll it as thin as possible.
- Smear some oil over the rolled paratha. You can use ghee or butter instead of oil.
- Cut it into very thin stripes with the help of pizza cutter or any sharp thing.
- Lift the paratha from one side and start to roll it.
- Make a lose rill. Do not roll it too tight.
- Take one of the edges and start to roll it like Swiss roll.
- Take other end and tuck it at the bottom.
- Transfer the roll into a dish and keep it covered.
- Take one of the dough ball on rolling board and add few more drops of oil on both the sides of dough ball.
- Roll the paratha. The paratha should not be too thin. Roll it a little thick.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat.
- Add some oil and spread it all over the pan.
- Transfer the paratha on the pan.
- Fry the paratha on medium heat only.
- After 2 minutes of frying from one side, flip the paratha over.
- Cook for few more minutes until it gets nice golden color.
- Lachha paratha is already.
- You can have this paratha just as it is.
- You can serve this paratha with any type of gravy or curry sabzi.
- You can make 6 regular size parathas for 2 cups maida.
- Sugar helps to caramelize and gives golden colour.