If you are fasting why can’t you have dosa? Yes, you can have it. This dosa is made from Samo seeds. It tastes super delicious and is pretty easy to make. Here is fasting dosa.
- 1 cup Samo seeds / Varai / Vrat ke chaval
- 1 boiled, peeled and mashed Potato
- Salt to taste
- Cumin seeds
- Green chili paste
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Wash samo seeds 3-4 times well with water. Soak samo seeds in water over night.
- Take soaked samo seeds with water into a blender pot. Add potato to it.
- Blend it into a fine paste. The consistency should be a bit runny, not too thick.
- Add salt, cumin seeds, green chili paste and coriander leaves. Mix well. Varai dosa batter is ready.
- Heat a pan over medium high heat. Add a bit of oil and spread it.
- Put the dosa batter on the pan from side to center.
- Cover and cook for just about a minute. Remove the lid and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Flip over. Cook for 2 minutes from another side. Flip over and check. Your dosa is already.
- You can have it is or it goes well with coconut chutney too.