Bajarichi bhakri is a flat Indian bread. It is prepared form bajri or bajra or Pearl Millet. This is authentic and traditional Maharashtrian recipe. Bajri is a good source of energy, helps in digestion. It is also said to be anti diabetic. This is specially made during winter as bajri gives heat to body. Let’s make Bajrichi Bhakri.
- 2 cups Bajri flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup hot Water
- A few Sesame seeds
- Take bajri flour into a dish. Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Add hot water. Add a little water at a time and knead dough out of it.
- If your bajri flour is store bought, then do use hot water.
- But if you get it ground fresh from mill, then no need to use hot water.
- You can use regular water and knead the dough.
- While kneading press the flour well in your hand and roll it back and forth.
- Knead the dough for at least 4-5 minutes. The more you knead the dough the better the bhakri will be.
- Once done, take a small ball of dough. Make it even.
- Take rolling board and spread dry bajri flour on it.
- Start rolling the bhakri. Always flatten it sideways.
- When you have rolled the bhakri nice and thin, sprinkle some sesame seeds on it and press them a little on bhakri.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat. When pan is enough hot, transfer the rolled bhakri on it.
- Face the side having sesame seeds down wards on pan.
- Sprinkle a little water and spread it all over the bhakri.
- Roast for 2 minutes. Let the water dry up a bit.
- Flip over and roast the side on which we spread water for another 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, remove the pan and increase the heat of the gas.
- Now transfer the bhakri directly on heat and roast it.
- Flip over and roast from another side directly on heat as well.
- Bajrichi bhakri is already.