This is a healthy burger recipe with goodness of lentils and vegetables. You can absolutely make it low fat by shallow frying patty and avoiding cheese and mayo in the recipe. A perfect recipe to please your kids....
For making Veggie Pattie
- 2 tbsp Green Moong
- 2 tbsp Whole Masoor
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Green Pepper
- 1 Cup Spinach Finely Chopped
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Mushrooms
- 1 tsp Garlic
- 1 tsp Finally chopped Green Chilies
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Corn Flour
- Salt to taste
- Corn Flakes
For assembling Burger
- Burger Buns
- Tomato Ketchup
- Cheese Slices
How to cook beans?
- Take 2 tbsp green moong beans, wash them and soak them in water for 2 hours.
- Once green beans are soaked, wash masoor beans and mix them with soaked green beans.
- Put then together in to pressure cooker and cook until once whistle.
- Once the beans are cooked drain off all excess moisture from the beans.
How to cook vegetables?
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Once oil is hot add green pepper and mushrooms,
- Mix well and cook for 4 to 5 mts.
- Season that with garlic, oregano, green chilli, black pepper.
- Add chopped spinach leaves, mix well.
- Cook for 2 to 3 mts more or until spinach leaves wilt down.
- Add salt to taste.
How to make veggie patty mixture?
- Take wheat bread slice and crumble it down in to bowl.
- To that add boiled beans and mash it lightly.
- Fold in cooked veggies in to mashed beans along with corn flour.
Making Veggie patties
- Make small burger bun size patties from the patty mixture.
- Roll the patties well from both the sides in to corn flakes or bread crumbs.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow fry patties from both the sides till it gets deep golden color.
- Remove fried patties on to paper towel.
How to assemble Veggie Burger?
- Toast burger buns in a toaster or on a skillet.
- Put mayonnaise on to one side of burger bun.
- Put lettuce leaves over mayonnaise.
- The put veggie patty over lettuce leaves.
- Cover veggie patty with a slice of cheese.
- Put slices of tomatoes and onions over cheese.
- Now put ketchup on the other burger bun and put that to make cover the patty.
- Veggie burger is ready!
- The other beans that would work for this recipe are garbanzo beans, red kidney beans, black beans.
- Use guacamole in place of mayonnaise to make it healthy.