An extremely popular mughlai delicacy. Chicken marinated in aromatic spices and then baked till it gets crisp. A slight planning ahead of time makes a big Party Hit Menu :D
Preparation time : 30 mts
Cooking time : 1 hour
Serves : 4 people
------For Inner Coating------
- 2.5 lb Whole Chicken
- 2 tbsp Degi Mirch powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Ginger Garic paste
------For Tandoori Masala------
- 1/2 cup Yogurt
- 2 tbsp Degi Mirch Powder
- 1 tbsp Kasoori Methi
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Corn Flour for dusting
- Wash off whole chicken inside out and then pat dry using paper towel.
- Make gashes on all over chicken using knife.
- Mix red chilli powder, lemon juice, salt, ginger garlic paste,oil, mix and insert masala inside gashes as well as inside cavity.
- Keep it to rest for 15 mts.
- Take thick yogurt, to that add red chilli powder, coriander powder, garam masala, kasoori methi, salt, oil, mix well. Add food color if desired.
- Now apply this tandoori masala paste well on all over chicken.
- Cover and keep it to marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- Remove chicken 30 minutes before you want to bake it.
- Dust corn flour using tea strainer all over chicken.
- Brush some oil on the top of it.
- Take Baking tray, place a cooling or grill rack on the top of it. Put chicken on the top of cooling rack.
- Bake at 400 degree fahrenheit for 25 mts.
- After 25 mts flip the chicken and again bake for 20 more mts.
- After 20 mts again flip chicken one more time and bake for final 20 mts.
- Serve hot with salad and wedges of lemon on the side.
- If you do not want to make use of whole chicken simply replace it by using Chicken Wings or Drumsticks.
- Washing and drying of chicken is really important thing, so that it bakes properly.
- Yogurt need to be really thick so that it sticks to the chicken properly.
- The red chilli powder I have used in the recipe seems to be a lot, but its a Degi Mirch powder which is absolutely milder version of paprika.