Sol kadhi is a very popular drink in Konkan region. It is a healthy and delicious. It is known for its digestive properties and also is a very good detoxifying juice.
- 1 cup water
- 8-10 kokum petal
- 1 1/2 cup freshly shredded coconut
- 1 Green Chili
- 1 Small garlic clove
- 2 cups warm water
- 1/2 tsp black salt
- 2 tsp Roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Salt to taste
For Kokum concentrate
- Take 1 cup water in a pan and bring it to boil.
- Add 8-10 kokum petals in it. Once water boils then stir well and squeeze out the pulp from kokum petals. Pulp it out as much as possible.
- Turn off the gas after about 5 minutes. Allow it to cool down completely.
For coconut milk
- Take freshly shredded coconut and add in a blender pot.
- Add 1 green chili. 1 small garlic clove. Add 1 ½ cup warm water.
- Close the pot and blend the mixture for 1-2 minutes.
- Take a strainer lined up with cheese cloth and strain the coconut milk through the strainer.
- Squeeze out all the juice.
- Put the coconut pulp back in the blender pot, add about 1/2 cup water and blend it again. Strain it.
- Coconut milk is already.
For sol kadhi
- Take coconut milk in a bowl.
- Add kokum concentrate into coconut milk. Take a small strainer and strain out all the kokum juice into coconut milk.
- Add black salt, roasted cumin powder, sugar, salt to taste. Stir well.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Solkadhi is already to serve.