In Sindhi kadhi all the vegetables are used to complement each other in taste, colour and texture. It is a very healthy and nutritious recipe. It can be served with rice or as soup.
- Preparation time :Â 10 mts
- Cooking time : 40 mts
- Serves : 2 people
- 4 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 cup Besan / Chickpea Flour
- 1 tbsp Kashmiri CHilli powder
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- pinch of Hing
- 1/2 cup Bhindi cut in to small rounds
- 1 Potato boiled
- 3 tbsp Tamarind Pulp
- 2 Tomatoes pureed
- Soak Tamarind in warm water for 30 mts. After 30 mts mash tamarind very well to get pulp out of it.
- Strain out tamarind pulp from mashed tamarind and keep it aside.
- Boil one medium size potato, peel, cut that in small chunks and keep that aside.
- Cut bhindi in small pieces. Heat up tbsp of oil and dry roast bhindi until it gets crisp. You could also bake it in the oven.
- Heat up oil in a kadahi. After oil is hot, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, fenugreek seeds and let all the seeds dance around a bit.
- Then add Hing and mix well.
- Then add besan, mix very well and dry roast that on a low to medium heat until besan gets deep golden color and nice aroma starts to release from besan. (Just like when you roast besan to make besan ladoo)
- After besan is roasted add tomato puree and tamarind pulp in to besan.
- Mix very well.
- Then add red chilli powder, salt to taste and mix very well.
- Cover and cook it very well until oil separates from above masala.
- Then add water to adjust conssentcy and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Add boiled potato cubes, roasted bhindi, cover and keep cooking for 5 more minutes.
- Serve hot with plane boiled rice!