Samosa is India's popular snack that finds a place in almost every bakery or chaat shop.Savory comfort food at its best, a crisp exterior filled with a potato and peas stuffing.
For Samosa Pastry or Crust :
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 Cup Semolina or Soji
- Salt to Taste
- 1/4 tsp Carom Seeds
- Warm Oil 3 tsp
- 2 potatoes boiled
- 1/4 cup Green Peas
- 1 Onion Finely Chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Corriandar powder
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 10)3 to 4 Curry Leaves
- 11)1 tsp Lime Juice
- 12) Coriander Leaves
To prepare Pastry or Crust
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. Make a well in between and pour warm oil. Mix mixture by hand until it turns crumbly like bread crumbs.
- Keep on adding small amount of water to form a dough. Samosa dough should be stiff.
- Cover with the food wrap and let it rest for 30 mts.
For Filling or stuffing :
- Heat 3 tsp oil. Add cumin seeds, curry leaves and onions. Saute the onions till it gets light brown colour.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, garam masala and saute till oil starts loosing out from the spices.
- Add potatoes, salt, lime juice and salt. Mix all this well. Stuffing is ready now.
To make Samosa
- Rub oil between the palms of your hand and again knead the dough for two mts. Make one small ball from the dough. Roll ball with the rolling pin into a slightly thin puri, slightly elongated in shape. Take a knife and divide the rolled puri into two by cutting through the center.
- Now take a semi-circle piece of the roti, and make a fold in the shape of a triangle as shown in the image. Seal along the fold. Now place this cone between your thumb and index finger and place a ball of the stuffing inside. Wet your finger and run it along the edges of the dough with water and seal to enclose the stuffing.
- Press the ends firmly so that the filling does not come out during the deep frying process. Prepare with the rest of the dough in the same manner.
- Heat enough oil in a pan to deep fry the samosas. Heat the oil till hot but not piping hot. Reduce flame to low medium and drop 2-3 samosas into the oil slowly and deep fry them till golden brown, turning them carefully to the other side so that it cooks on all sides. Deep fry on low to medium heat and not piping hot oil.
- Remove onto absorbent paper and serve warm with chutney or sauce.
Leave Your Comment And Suggestion Here
7 February 2017
You’ve written nice post, I am gonna bookmark this page, thanks for info. I actually appreciate your own position and I will be sure to come back here.his is a really good post. Must admit that you are among the best bloggers I have read. Thanks for posting this informative article of obat aborsi . You may havce a lot of jual obat aborsi and obat aborsi, as well jual obat aborsi.
. I would once again praise to god about this amazing post. Thank you so much for the detailed information. I love to read tips from cara menggugurkan kandungan who are really successful with what they do. It inspires me an I learn a lot witch helps me to grow my business obat penggugur kandungan faster. I was reading the provided article with a great interest! This post is useful and informative cara menggugurkan kandungan.Thanks for sharing obat telat datang bulan and also obat telat bulan. You’ve written nice post, I am gonna bookmark this page, thanks for obat telat datang bulan info. I actually appreciate your own position and I will be sure to come back here.his is a really good post. Good post. I learn something new and challenging on jasa website blogs I stumbleupon every day.It will always be exciting to read content from other writers and use a jual obat aborsi and obat aborsi little something from their jasa pembuatan website
Well, Thanks a lot for such a wonderful post of obat aborsi, the stuff posted were really interesting and useful jual obat aborsi. The quality of the content was good and clear. I would once again praise to god about this amazing post mesin coding. Thank you so much for the detailed information. I love to read tips from people who are really successful with what they do inkjet printer industri. It inspires me an I learn a lot witch helps me to grow my business faster.
16 September 2015
Hi Madhura. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Quick question- can these be prepaid and be frozen and then may be baked/ fried/ just reheated when required?
14 June 2015
Write Message Here..Nice nd in chowing
28 March 2015
Hi madhura In video, dough ingredients mentioned 3/4 cup of semolina whereas in your written method shows different ratio I followed youtube receipe which spoils the taste of samosa cover ????
12 June 2013
Thanks again for replying back to me. I was thinking of using carrots.
11 June 2013
I see when you were showing us how to make the Samosa's that you added water. I don't see that in the recipe. Some of my family doesn't like peas can I substitute it with another type of vegetable?