Mattha is Maharashtrian drink. You can have it before or after meals. It helps in digestion. This is a quick, simple and easy recipe. Let’s learn to make mattha.
- 3 glasses Buttermilk
- Grated Ginger
- A pinch of finely chopped Green chili
- 1/2 tsp Roasted Cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Black salt
- Finely chopped Coriander leaves
- In a bowl, take buttermilk.
- Take grated ginger and sieve its juice into buttermilk.
- Add a pinch of green chili. Add just a little green chili. Do not add more as we don’t want to make buttermilk hot.
- Add roasted cumin powder, powdered sugar, black salt and finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix everything well. Taste and adjust any spices if required.
- Add lots of ice cubes and serve chilled.