Matar Karanji is very popular snack within Maharashtra and other part of India. Its quick and easy to make. Its tasty and yet yummy.
- 3/4 cup All purpose flour / Maida
- 3 tbsp Rava / Semolina
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Hing / Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Ginger Garlic and Green Chili Paste
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 2 tbsp Coconut
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup Paneer
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
Crust for Matar Karanji
- Take maida / all purpose flour in the bowl and add fine sooji/rava in it. Add salt and mix.
- Add oil and mix it well and make sure there are no lumps in it
- Add water slowly and kneed it to nice and even dough. Rest the dough for around 20 mins
- Heat up oil in the pan
- Add cumin seeds and let it sizzle
- Add Hing, ginger garlic paste and cook it for a min
- Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, Garam Masala and mix it well
- Add coconut and mix it well
- Add green peas, salt and small amount of water. Mix and allow it it to cook for 10~15 mins covered. Make sure to stir it in between to avoid sticking at the bottom
- Add paneer and lemon juice and cook it for 3~4 mins
- Transfer matar stuffing into bowl and mash it it with potato masher.
- Matar stuffing is already
Matar Karanji Preparation
- Take dough and divide them into small equal size balls
- Take one of the bowl and roll it thin.
- Add matar stuffing at the middle of the crust.
- Apply small amount of water at the end of the crust and fold it to make it Karanji
- Make some designs with the help of fork or karanji maker
- Heat up oil in the pan for frying
- Take karanji's and fry them till it gets light golden color
- Matar karanji is already to serve.