Masala Boondi is a crispy and spiced snack which is really very easy to make at home. You don't even need to invest on special Boondi Jhara as you can make it with the frying spoon which is most likely available at household.
- 1 cup Besan / Chickpea Flour
- 1 tbsp Rice Flour
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeic powder
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Chat Masala
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp Black salt / kala namak
- Take besan in to a bowl, to that add rice flour.
- Add turmeric powder, baking soda, salt to taste and mix well.
- Add oil and mix well with besan.
- Add water slowly and make that in to a lump free batter.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
- Now take a flat ladle with a medium sized holes over heat.
- Once oil is hot, put spoon full batter at the center of spoon.
- Using circular motion with the spoon, you can allow the batter to go through the spoon.
- Fry boondi until golden brown, shake off all excess oil and remove them on t o paper towel.
- Fry remaining boondi in the same way.
- Once all the boondi is fried and its still hot, season it up with chilli powder, chat masala and black salt.
- Toss boondi well in to dry masala powder.
- Store in to air tight container.
- Masala boondi stays good up to a month.
- It makes a perfect tea time or cocktail time snack