Traditional chakali is made up of using bhajani which is quite tedious and time consuming job. Make this healthier version of chakali with the use of sorghum flour which also makes glutenfree chakali, and it consumes a much less oil as compare to other chakali recipes. A must try this Diwali!
- 2 cups Jawar ka atta / Sorgum Flour
- 3/4 cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Hing
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 tsp Carom seeds / Ajwayan
- Take jawar flour in to a bowl.
- To that add red chilli powder, hing, coriander powder, oil, salt, sesame seeds, carom seeds.
- Mix very well.
- Then add yogurt and start to knead that in to a dough.
- Then add water and make that in to a stiff dough.
- Now divide dough in small cylinder shapes so that it will fit in to a chakali mould.
- Now start to make that in to chakali shapes on to a wax paper.
- Now deep fry chakali until it gets deep golden color.
- After chakali cools down store that in to a air tight container.
- The consistency of chakali dough is most important. If dough is too soft the chakali will turn out loose.
- Fry in low heat so that chakali will cook out all the way through.