Homemade pizza dough is inexpensive, fun and healthy since you control the ingredients. This recipes yields enough dough to make two pizzas.
- 2 cup plain flour / Maida
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Oil
- Take warm water in to bowl.
- To that add sugar and yeast and mix well.
- Cover and set that aside for 10 mts.
- Now take plane flour in to bowl.
- Season that with salt and oil.
- Mix well to incorporate oil well with dry flour.
- Mix until the flour turns crumbly.
- After the yeast mixture turns frothy, pour that in to prepared dry flour mixture.
- Mix and knead that to make a soft dough.
- Grease hands well with oil if the douh is little sticky.
- Once the dough smoothens out cover it and set it aside for about an hour or it gets double volume.
- Voila home made pizza dough is ready. Use this to make thin crust pizza, thick crust pizza, pizza pockets, calzone.