Very popular Indo-Chinese appetizer. Deep fried Cauliflower Fritters cooked in sweet, sour and spicy Chinese based gravy! Goes well with plane boiled rice, noodles!
Preparation time : 10 mts
Cooking time : 25 mts
Serves : 4 people
- 1 Cup Maida or All purpose flour
- 1 Cauliflower
- 1/4 cup Corn Flour
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Oil
- 3 tsp Tomato Sauce
- 3 tsp Chilli Garlic Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Soya Sauce
- 1 tsp Vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped Onion
- 1/4 cup Spring Onion
- 2 tsp Garlic
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped Green Chilli
- 1 tsp Corn Flour
- 1 tsp Sugar
To make Fritters
- Take maida in a bowl, add corn flour, add black pepper, salt, add water, stir well and make a medium thick batter not too thick or too thin.
- Cut florets from cauliflower, deep florets in batter and deep fry till it gets nice golden color from outside.
To make Sauce
- Heat up oil, add chopped onion and saute till onions becomes soft.
- Add green chillies, garlic and cook for 30 secs.
- Add black pepper, mix, add tomato sauce, add chilli garlic sauce or chilli sauce, mix well.
- Add vinegar, soya sauce, sugar, salt to taste and mix well.
- Add 1/2 tbsp of corn flour, mix, add some water, mix well.
- Add fried cauliflower fritters, coat well with sauce and cook on high heat for 5 mts.
- Garnish with spring onion!