Crsipy, crunchy bread rolls are a very popular North Indian snack. Potato stuffing is similar what you make while making for Batata Vada Pav. Youcan make this stuffing ahead of time.
- 4 Large Potatoes
- 6 big cloves of Garlic
- 5 to 6 Green Chillies
- 1 tsp Oil
- pinch of hing
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Coriander Leaves
- read slices
- Oil for deep frying
- Boil potatoes, peel them and mash them up.
- Now put garlic and green chillies together in a blender.
- Grind to make that in to a coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- After the oil is heated, add hing.
- Then add garlic and chilli paste.
- Mix and cook for 2 mts.
- Add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Now turn off the heat.
- Put the mixture in to mashed potatoes.
- Season poatoes with salt, lemon juice and coriander leaves.
- Mix everything really good.
- Now trim the edges of bread slices.
- Deep bread slices partially in to cold water and gently sqeeze out all the excess water from it.
- Now take a small ball from potato mixture and roll that out in to oblong shape.
- Now stuff the potato roll in bread slices and roll that sealing the bread from all the sides.
- Deep fry till it gtes deep golden color from all the sides.
- Serve hot with coriander or mint chutney!