Bread pakoda is the best snack for enjoying with tea in monsoon time. This mouth-watering deep-fried snack gets all the more exciting when topped with a variety of chutneys. This can be served as an appetizer. Enjoy it hot and fresh off the kadhai.
- 1/2 cup chick pea flour
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tbsp Rice flour
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Carom seeds / ajwain
- A pinch Baking soda
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves
- oil for Frying
- Take chick pea flour or besan in a bowl.
- Add red chili powder, rice flour, turmeric powder, carom seeds and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add water and stir well. No lump should be formed.
- Add salt to taste and more water if needed.
- The batter should be of pourable consistency. Batter is ready.
- Take bread slices. Remove the edges.
- Cut the bread into any shape you desire.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Dip the bread into the better and drop them into the oil.
- Cook the pakodas until it gets deep golden color from both the sides.
- Take the pakodas out of the oil.
- Serve them as it is or also go well with ketchup or any chutney.