Aloo Tikki is a very scrumptious and popular street food in North India. These are basically spiced potato patties served in many variations such as Ragda Patties, Aloo chole tikki. Some times it is also served as a stuffed tikki with different stuffing such as cheese, dal or chutney.
- 2 large Potato boiled and peeled
- 1 slice of bread
- 2 Green Chillies finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp Garam Masala
- 1/2 tsp Chat masala
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Take potatoes and put them in to pressure cooker. Boil until 2 whitsles.
- Once the potatoes are cooked, peel them.
- Now take a slice of bread and remove the edges.
- Tear down the bread slice in to boiled potato.
- Now mash potato well with a slice of bread.
- Now season the mixture with green chillies.
- Then add garam masala, chat masala.
- Also add onion, coriander leaves and salt to taste.
- Mix up really well to make that in to a stiff dough.
- Now divide the dough in to small golf size ball.
- And flatten up a bit to give it a round disc shape.
- Shallow fry aloo tikki in to oil till it gets deep golden color.
- Sereve hot with tamarind chutney or coriander chutney!